WaSH FOR DEVELOPMENT
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Sustainable Development
This online 12-week training course has an optional add-on 8-weeks grassroots level blended fieldwork experiential learning component that is delivered by experts. Our online platform provide an interactive virtual classroom that gives students the opportunity to engage with teachers and peers around the world.
The content cultivates understanding of innovative solutions to complex water management challenges by combining real-world experience in water management and WaSH.
Throughout the course, we share lessons learnt from working with organisations at an international level, and evidence-based strategies designed and implemented to improve water issues in varied regions around the world.
This course is intended to develop foundation to support sustainable & equitable access to WASH
Designed to empower practitioners with an understanding of the fundamentals of the WASH sector, this course introduces students to the core principles of planning, designing and implementing activities to improve sustainable and equitable access to domestic water supply and sanitation facilities, and improve hygiene behaviours.
ABOUT THE COURSE
12-week course, can be extended to 24 weeks time
begins every quarter (01 Jan, 01 Apr, 01 Jul, 01 Oct)
No prerequisites required.
International students – USD 470 / AUD $669
SAARC students – INR 18,000
Benefits to participants:
After successfully completing this course, participants will be able to:
- > identify social and economic differences in accessing WASH facilities and services
- > comprehend the breadth of health impacts from inadequate WASH and how they can be prevented
- > understand the historical development of sanitation
- recognise environmental, social and technical facets of urban and rural sanitation
- > communicate current approaches aiming to achieve sustainable WASH services through good technical, institutional and economic principles
- > examine the issue of integrating behaviour change in WASH, and
- > understand the current philosophy in hygiene promotion
grasp key issues in the WASH sector for the sustainable development goal period.
- > resources support of local Irrigation and Public Health Deptt, Swachh Bharat Mission – Gramin, Swachh Sangraha, National Rural Drinking Water Programme, Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Disaster Management Authority, SuSanA, SSWM, UNDP SDGs, and more.
For more information, course registration and further inquiries, please contact:Contact our team:
Phone: +91 94 185 12 456
REGISTER FOR FURTHER DETAILS / DISCUSSIONS