What makes us unique.
A holistic and dynamic approach.
- Our experiential learning programs keep students constantly engaged.
- They move on average every two weeks, with no time for the normal complacency of habit to enter. Our minimal / no electronic media distractions, no-drug and alcohol policies keep students present, safe and involved.
- Our students learn how to travel.
- Traveling overseas is difficult, and our students walk away with the skills necessary for solo international travel.
- Our students are able to earn college credit and access financial aid.
- Through our partners, students can elect to take up to 18 quarter credits for an additional fee of $2,000, and may be eligible to access financial aid.
- We believe in every student’s inherent value and growth potential.
- From group dynamics to wilderness medicine, our Overseas Educators are trained in a unique combination of soft and hard skills. They aren’t guides, they’re mentors. We do everything possible for all students to finish their program and return home with a broadened world horizon and enriched self-awareness.
- We offer well-travelled experience.
- Since 2005, we’ve been on the ground running innovative programs across India.
- We offer the most accessible programs to the widest diversity of students.
- Our affordable programs and internal scholarships combined with our non-profit branch EduCARE India allow us to offer the most accessible programs in the industry.
- Our Program Directors (PD’s) are amazing at what they do.
- With years of experience living, working, and immersing themselves in their respective regions, having spent years working directly with students, and coming from Masters Degree backgrounds in International Education, Service, Leadership, and Tibetan Studies (to name a few) our PDs are truly amazing at what they do. In addition, they regularly spend time on the ground, developing the rapport to ensure that our projects are done responsibly and driven by the communities themselves.
- Our programs are culturally authentic.
- We strive to make every program we offer as culturally authentic as possible. This means we travel to the more remote areas of our host countries, places that tourists usually don’t know about, and create contacts that can be of service to those communities. We take a reciprocal approach to resources.
- Nothing is more important than our students welfare
- With over nearly 20 years we’ve built a vast network of contacts in all areas of the world where our programs run. All of our Overseas Educators are Wilderness First Aid-certified and extensively trained on risk management and emergency situation protocols. Additionally, we are recognized as having the highest quality safety standards in the industry by the American Gap Association.
Our programs are based on the building blocks we believe provide students with intentional space for infinite opportunities to learn. Every student will: Learn how to be a safe and smart traveler – including how to budget, take local transport, book accommodation, and utilize time management. Gain a basic understanding of a region through language, politics, history, culture, and religion. Examine global interdependence through the lens of privilege, perspective, social justice, and responsibility. Strengthen the sense of self, build confidence, and explore passions. Learn and practice interpersonal communication skills through accountability and cooperation within a group. Demonstrate self-advocacy, personal care, and stress-management. Understand the concept of gratitude.
Experiential Education is learning through action and reflection.
Action: Students will be challenged to try many different types of activities, with the intention that they learn – either a new skill, a new perspective, or something new about themselves. We encourage students to actively be open to new experiences and find ways to appropriately push themselves and step outside of their comfort zones.
Reflection: Students are encouraged to reflect on their own and shared experiences, as well as begin to consider the impact that these experiences have on their lives. We accomplish this through one-on-one reflection, group reflection, and self-reflection.
To us community is a group of people creating a positive, supportive and compassionate place in which to live and grow. In the context of our programs, community exists on multiple levels. There is a core community that is established among students and overseas educators while on semester, designed to create a safe environment for personal growth and connection. There are communities we live and work alongside while traveling, our in-country contacts, our communities at home, and ultimately, the global community that we all share. Within the CIEEL experience, we believe that it is important to support and engage with all of these layers of community.
By immersing our students into a culture different than their own, we strive to share and transfer customs, ideas, perspectives, and beliefs in order to bridge the cultural divide. Whether it is exchanging with local artists, students, workers, or even subcultures, we aim to share and learn with one another. Some of the ways we incorporate intercultural exchange into our programs is through volunteering side by side with locals in the communities we visit, staying with host families, traveling on public transportation, trying local foods, and learning local languages. Through this exchange we are able to promote a mutual understanding among different cultures.
Through a dynamic and holistic curriculum, CIEEL students / learners are challenged to step outside of their comfort zone and learn about themselves and the world around them through hands-on learning process. With an emphasis on experiential learning, each program is designed to actively engage students and challenge them to contextualize their experience through reflection.
For students / learners that are looking to expand upon their in-country learning through a more formalize academic curriculum, we are proud to offer a wide range of college courses through our local partnership with a university. We believe that this integrative approach to learning engages the mind, body, and spirit of our students, while providing opportunities to cultivate their passions and strengths.
Regional Semesters (3 Months)
Tuition + Room and Board: $6,900-$9,900
Program fee includes all food, accommodations, scheduled program activities, and international health insurance for the duration of the program.
Airfare not included
Latitudes Semester (6 Months)
Tution + Room and Board: $15,900-$18,900
Airfare not included